The second day of mobilization in Russia showed that it could hardly be described as partial, the BBC Russian editors wrote. People across the country received summons to home and work, at any hour of the day or night. After that, they were immediately placed in planes or buses that took them to the military administration posts or directly to the units.




Moscow

Post it on Facebook




Share on Twitter


Post on LinkedIn


printing press



copy the url




Short title





Close




Russian soldiers. Mobilization in Russia cannot be described as partial. Men over the age of 60 and fathers of four or more children receive conscription orders | Source: Reuters

In some cases, even people without military experience, parents of four or more children, and even men over the age of 60 had to report to the military department.


Pro-Russian officials walk around their homes during the referendum in the occupied territories. Somewhere, gunmen are forcing people to vote

Read the article


The American Institute for the Study of War also said that the Russian authorities were violating the terms of the promised partial mobilization. For example, he drew attention to a video in which the police allegedly took students from the university in Buryatsk directly from their classes. “They will arrest everyone they can reach,” security expert Pavel Luzhin said in an interview with Nastogaski Frymja station.

He said Russian authorities would still have trouble recruiting 300,000 reservists with military experience, a plan announced on Wednesday by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.

Luzhin noted that subpoenas are issued in large numbers in Russia, but not all recipients accept them. Within a few hours of Wednesday’s partial mobilization announcement, for example, several airline employees, including Aeroflot or airports, received a summons to the tax commission.

Reserve officers

According to Kommersant newspaper, most airline pilots were educated in the military departments of flight schools and lead as reserve officers.


Twelve hours in line at the border with Georgia, many Russians are leaving the country after the announcement of partial mobilization

Read the article


Kommersant wrote that according to sources from the three airlines, 50 to 80 percent of their staff may be mobilized.

The Russian Defense Ministry, on the other hand, declared that mobilization should not concern workers in the IT industry, the media, or banks and telecom operators.

According to Meduza’s servant, Senator Andrei Turčak said that four members of the Russian Parliament had asked to be sent to the front. He provided their names and identified all four from the ruling United Russia party.

According to RIA Novosti, the head of the Russian administration of Crimea, Sergei Aksyonov, also reported that his son was also drafted into the army and had already joined the unit.

More than enough

While the Kremlin is calling on people to take up arms, and Russian officials are trying to show that recruitment is normal, Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov said, according to Kafkaz, Realii’s servant, that there will be no mobilization in Chechnya because this independent republic of the Russian Federation has already done more than enough.

According to Kadyrov, 20,000 Chechens have already joined the fighting in Ukraine, so the autonomous republic “exceeded the plan by 254 percent.” The Medusa portal noted that since the announcement of the partial mobilization, unknown perpetrators have already attacked six military commissariats in Russia.

In the recent attacks, someone threw Molotov cocktails at the UNHCR building in Svobodny and Khabarovsk in eastern Russia.

CTK

Post it on Facebook




Share on Twitter


Post on LinkedIn


printing press



copy the url




Short title





Close




#Mobilization #Russia #partial #Men #age #receive #conscription #orders